Jackbeat is an audio sequencer, a Linux tool for musicians and sound artists :
- drummachine-like interface for fast and easy editing
- realtime operation : while playing, the sequence can be edited and resized, the bpm
rate modified, and new samples loaded,
- virtually unlimited number of tracks and beats
- easy to use and yet powerful : just JACK
it into jack-rack and you
can apply LADSPA effect plugins on a per track basis,
perform mastering with jackeq , etc...
- loads and saves .jab files, Jackbeat's file format, based on xml and packed with tar,
- unique masking feature : allows to insert silences with precision into a given track.
A 6x32 Jackbeat session, featuring the
Smooth Peachy Clean
And another screenshot from Guillaume Pellerin.
Jackbeat is free software, released under the terms of the
GNU General Public License.
Latest release (README, ChangeLog), source package :
Binary packages, ready to install and run :
Requirements, needed in order to compile or install Jackbeat :
Please use the Jackbeat Forum for any feedback, comments,
bug reports and help questions.
You can also mail me personally at :
olivier [a.t] xung [d.o.t] org.
- To the JACK team, for this great framework,
- To Conrad Parker whose Aube project
- To Guillaume Pellerin (yomix.org) and Paul Brossier (piem.org) for the Debian packages
- To Austin Acton (groundstate.ca) for the Mandrake packages
- To Toni aka oc2pus (jacklab.net) for the Suse packages
Olivier Guilyardi <olivier [a.t] xung [d.o.t] org> - Last modified: April 11th, 2014